Wednesday, July 2, 2008

French Onion Chicken Casserole

I don't know why I am bothering to post a picture of this dinner; none of my shots do this dish any justice at all.

I've mentioned before how I love anything French Onion, so I was giddy when I saw this recipe for French Onion Chicken Casserole from Kylee. Oh, I wish I could just rummage through my kitchen and come up with something. But I can't... so I'll just reap the benefits of others' culinary creativity.

This dinner was so yummy and so fast. The chicken was unbelievably tender and juicy - I didn't even use a knife. It just kind of came apart in that yummy, delectable chicken kind of way.

I served this with my French Onion risotto; YUM!


Ingredients:
  • 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
  • 2 Tbs plain flour
  • Packet of french onion soup
  • 1 large onion
  • 1 Cup water
  • 2 Tbs sour cream or plain low-fat yoghurt

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (180 degrees C)

2. Put the soup mix and flour into a ziplock bag, add the chicken breasts and shake it to coat them. Save the excess flour mix.

3. Heat some oil in a pan, or spray it with non stick cooking spray - and add the chicken and cook until browned all over. Turn them often, but carefully cause it will take off the coating if you aren't!

4. Take the chicken out, and put it in a casserole dish.

5. Add onions to the pan. Stir constantly over heat until onions ar soft.

6. Blend the saved flour mixture into a cup of water, and add it, to the pan with the onions and bacon. Cook for a couple of minutes, then pour over the chicken in the casserole dish.

7. Cover, then cook for about 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken, and stir in sour cream/yoghurt, then replace chicken in the gravy. Serve!!

2 comments:

  1. lol - I didn't post a pic either, mainly because it never lasts long enough to photograph, and also because it's a casserole, so you don't really get a good idea about how good it is til you try it!

    You have no idea how happy I am that someone tried one of my dishes. It's ridiculous how pleased I am!

    I will definitely try it with your risotto next time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails