But the main thing that drew me in is the name. "Nathan," while clearly not the same one from the recipe, is the name of my cousin's precious little boy. He is going to be THREE next month, which is just baffling to me. I tell his mother that he just not allowed to turn 3, but I don't know how much control over this we have...
Anyway, this one was for you, Turkey Nate! We love you tons... and we'll just tell you that it's hot dogs inside. ;)
Unfortunately, my dedication to Nathan was kind of a let-down, as I didn't really like this dinner. I don't know what it is... I felt it was kind of... dry, maybe. I don't know. It was definitely missing something, although I can't put my finger on what.
- 4 large whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1 red onion, diced (I used yellow.)
- 2 1/4 cups cooked and sliced chicken or veggie chicken
- 3/4 cup Peanut Sauce, recipe follows (I did not make this since my son is not allowed to have peanut butter. Maybe that's the missing link here...?)
- Sour cream, for garnish
Preheat grill or grill pan.Place tortillas on a cutting board. On half of each tortilla place the cheese, apple, onion, and chicken. Fold the top half of the tortilla over and place on the grill. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until the cheese has melted and the filling is warm. Cut each quesadilla into 4 triangles.
Garnish with Peanut Sauce and sour cream.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/8 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice