Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cheesy Casser-ravioli

I totally stole this dinner idea from I*heart*food4thought, and I am sooo glad I did.




Talk about comfort food. Mmm.



I had actually planned to make my own alfredo sauce using milk instead of cream - kind of a way to maybe make it a tad less gross (gross=mmmm, of course!!). But that morning, when finally sitting down to eat my Cheerios, I realized my milk was bad. Ugh. I had a jar of alfredo in the cabinet, though, I just used that.



Everyone in the house liked this one, and I was psyched to have plenty for leftovers!


Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs pre-packaged 4-cheese ravioli, cooked and drained
  • 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, defrosted
  • 1-1/2 cups pre-cooked chicken strips, diced
  • 1 jar alfredo sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
  • 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tbsp butter

Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.


Coat the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish with a thin layer of alfredo sauce. In a medium bowl, mix the ravioli, broccoli, chicken, garlic, alfredo sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese until combined. (Be careful not to mix too hard that you tear the ravioli.)

Place mixture into baking dish and top with 1/2 cup mozzarella and parmesan cheese.

Cut the butter into small pieces and scatter on top of the cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly. Set to broil for additional 5 minutes if you want it more toasty!

1 comment:

  1. I just found this site and I am thrilled. Beautiful pics and lots of great looking recipes. Think I am making this cheesy casser-ravioli for a new mommy tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails