Sunday, July 6, 2008

Caprese Salad

When Jen and I were both on maternity leave, we loved having lunch at Panera. One of our new favorite orders was a basil-tomato-mozzarella salad, and we were bummed when they took it off the menu for the fall.

I was determined to make this at home, and was really astounded at how easy and simple it is. It has become a go-to crowd pleaser.




Ingredients:
  • 8oz fresh mozzarella, chopped
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinagrette dressing
  • 24oz vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 cup fresh basil, coursely chopped or torn

Combine all ingredients in a bowl; adjust dressing and basil to taste. Voila!

6 comments:

  1. It drives me crazy when Panera does that! Great idea to recreate this salad at home. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A classic recipe and also a fave of mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic! I love caprese anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can say that Lauren's is as fabulous as Panera's...actually more fabulous coz you can have seconds without paying and her couch is so much more comfy that the chairs at Panera and she won't look at me mean if my child makes noise or a mess. It is a pretty incredible salad! TeeHee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a sucker for that classic caprese combo. Looks great and way to save a buck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is one of my favorite salads!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails