Sunday, July 27, 2008

Teriyaki Grilled Pork Chops

I think I have decided that I officially do not like pork.



I rarely like a pork dish that I prepare, yet I continue to make it. I think it's because I don't really like steak either, so I need SOME kind of other meat besides chicken. I mean, I'll totally go for the ground beef/sirloin in burgers or meatloaf or whatever, but otherwise? I think I have finally accepted that I should stop cooking pig.


Anyway. Pork aside, I really enjoyed the flavors of Sweet Savory Southern's Teriyaki Grilled Pork Chops, and would probably make them again using chicken instead of the pork.




Ingredients:

  • 2/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup water
  • ¼ cup rice vinegar
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 2-inch piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and chopped fine (or 1 ½ tsp. dried ginger)
  • 4-6 pork chops

For the marinade, combine all ingredients except pork chops in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cool the marinade completely. Put the pork chops in a large resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over them. Seal the bag, pressing out excess air. Allow chops to marinate, turning bag once or twice, at least 6 hours or up to overnight.


Pour the marinade into a saucepan and boil for 5 minutes. Grill chops on an oiled rack, approximately 7-8 minutes per side, or until just cooked through, basting with marinade during last 5 minutes of cooking.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you ... I'm not a huge fan of pork - specifically pork chops. I think every time I make them they turn out dry and bland. Perhaps this recipe would be different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubs also hates pork (and I'm a vegetarian), but we do this recipe all the time now with chicken and he really loves it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about ham as a meat alternative?

    M isn't a huge pork chop fan either, because they tend to get dried out. He does, however, love Giada's Pork Milanese, if that helps at all?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails