- 2 ripe, really fresh tomatoes, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, minced
- 1/8 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp. black or kalamata olives, chopped
- 1-2 tsp. capers, drained
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 pound short pasta (wagon wheels, butterflies, penne...)
- 1/2 cup cooked white/navy beans
2. While the pasta cooks, place half of the tomatoes in a large bowl along with the onion, olives, capers, and basil.
3. Place the remaining tomato chunks into a blender or food processor bowl. Add the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic. Puree until smooth. Transfer this mixture to the bowl with the tomato-caper-basil mixture.
4. Once the pasta and beans are ready, drain and add them to the bowl with the tomato mixture. Toss well and serve