Friday, August 28, 2009

Chicken Marsala Pasta Toss

I know, I know. I have been the most craptastic blogger ever. But now that our growing family has settled into a groove, I've been back in the kitchen and actually have a bunch of exciting dinners and treats to share. So don't let my recent absence turn you off; I'm ready to roll my sleeves up and get back to work!

This Chicken Marsala Pasta Toss (from Milk and Honey, by way of Stephanie Cooks) was actually the first meal I cooked after Daniel was born, excluding the dinners I cooked and stashed in the freezer at the end of my pregnancy.


I doubled the sauce ingredients, and I'm glad I did - even twice as much was almost not quite enough. But nonetheless, this was a delicious dinner, and I'm sure I will be cooking it again soon.



Ingredients
  • Half a box of rotini
  • 2 tsps olive oil
  • 1/2 cup sliced green onions
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced button mushrooms
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cut into cubes
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • 2 tbs. butter
  • 2 tbs. flour
  • 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup dry marsala wine

Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta to al dente. Drain and set aside.

Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a large skillet, cook green onions and mushrooms until tender, about five minutes. Season with a pinch of salt. Remove from skillet and set aside.

Add remaining olive oil to skillet and add chicken. Season with salt and pepper, stirring until just warmed through, about 3 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.

Melt butter in skillet and add flour, stirring to form a roux. Cook for one minute. Slowly add chicken broth and wine, stirring constantly. Simmer sauce until bubbly and thickened. Add chicken and veggies to the sauce and heat through. Add sauce mixture to pasta and toss to combine. Garnish with additional green onion strips, if desired.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! This looks really great and easy to throw together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails