Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sangria

We had Brooke and Joe over for dinner last night, and I wanted a yummy drink to serve with my grilled chicken thighs and Brooke's delicious pasta salad.

Sangria was a hot topic on my cooking board a couple of days ago, so there began my inspiration. I found this really fruity one on Melissa's blog - Mrs Sac's Purple Kitchen. I loved the fruitiness of the drink; I thought too late that I should have added some strawberries. Oh well - next time! I also didn't have enough rum for the whole thing, so I used about 1/4 cup of coconut rum. I don't usually like coconut, but I loved the tropical taste it lent to the drink.



(I submitted this to Joelen's Sangria blogging event.)

Ingredients:
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 lime
  • 1 orange
  • 1 1/2 cups rum
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry redwine
  • 1 cup orange juice
1. Have the fruit, rum, wine, and orange juice well chilled. Slice the lemon, lime and orange into thin rounds and place in a large glass pitcher. Pour in the rum and sugar. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours to develop the flavors.



2. When ready to serve, crush the fruit lightly with a wooden spoon and stir in the wine and orange juice. Adjust sweetness to taste.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails