Saturday, July 5, 2008

Cheesy Broccoli Polenta

Just like Ally did, I made this yummy side dish to go along with the Provencal Turkey. I've never made polenta before, but have been meaning to; thanks, Ally, for coming up with this one! It was so good - nice and creamy. Ryan went nuts over it!




Ingredients:

  • 1 cup corn meal
  • 3 cups chicken broth
  • 1 box frozen broccoli thawed
  • 1 tsp butter
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  • 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
  • 2 Tbs. grated parmesan
  • salt and pepper

Heat a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat. Add chicken broth and let it come to a boil. In a steady stream, add the polenta whisking the entire time. Keep whisking until smooth. Let cook about 15 minutes and add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. Cook about 5-8 minutes longer and serve.

2 comments:

  1. Your posts come at the perfect time! I was just looking up polenta recipes because I have a package that's been staring at me for the longest time. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it, I forgot all about this dish! I have to make it soon, your pic made me crave it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails