Thursday, July 24, 2008

Crockpot Chicken Marsala

If you haven't already, you have to check out this blog: The Crockpot Lady. She made it her New Year's Resolution to use her crockpot every.single.day. The things she has on there are insane - I'd never even think to use it for some of those dishes. Love it.


Tonight I decided to make her Chicken Marsala. It was so easy (I really hate crockpot recipes where you have to DO stuff first. To me, that defeats the purpose) and it tasted pretty good. I wouldn't say it was the best, or restaurant-quality, but it was good. I would make it again.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb of very thin veal cutlets (if the baby cow thing bothers you, chicken will work too)
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 t kosher salt
  • 1/2 t ground black pepper
  • 1/2 t dried oregano
  • 1 T balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 cup marsala wine
  • 2 chopped green onions (I used 1 yellow.)
  • 2 cups sliced mushrooms
  • 2 T melted butter

Drizzle olive oil in the bottom of your stoneware insert.


In a shallow dish, mix the flour with the herbs and lightly dust each piece of meat. Place each piece into your stoneware and top with the chopped green onion and dump in the mushrooms
add balsamic vinegar and the marsala wine. Drizzle the melted butter over the top.

Cook on LOW for 4-7 hours.

11 comments:

  1. I love how easy this recipe sounds! I'll definitely be trying this on my super-busy school days during the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh - this is a recipe I'm saving when it gets cool enough to use my crockpot or when I want to be lazy and have the crockpot do all the cooking for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making it! Do you serve with rice or pasta, does it matter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to make it tomorrow, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe is amazing!! So much flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonder-full! I wish the directions were less broad about the cooking time. Hopefully it will be done in six hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. didn't quite come out how i was expecting it, the onion flavor was more than i wanted and the falvors did't flow like i though, but for a crock pot meal it was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Baby cow thing".

    You torturer!! I DESPISE your attitude towards the brutal treatment of baby animals! Screw your stupid recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the "Baby cow thing" ! I thought it was whitty and it made me laugh! I was just thinking today how people get all up in arms about animals. But it's only certain animals; isn't it? I've never heard anyone say "oh those poor cute little chickens!" Also the "Screw your stupid recipes!" comment was uncalled for and inappropriate! Thanks for the recipe! Sounds great! I love your blog! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. This honestly tasted nothing like Chicken Marsala to me. I appreciate the contribution but I would not suggest trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. made it today had company all loved it and want recipe will be looking into Laurens Kitchen cooked in 7 hrs and i used frozen chicken and served with rice delicious loved it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails