Saturday, July 5, 2008

Deep-Dish Brownies

I have found my new favorite brownies.

I needed a brownie recipe to use with the Death-by-Chocolate Trifle, so I posted a request on the cooking board. Boy, did those ladies deliver. As usual.

I added a ton to my starred posts, but decided to go with Kayte's Deep Dish Brownies; they seemed like the perfect little brownie to go in this trifle. (I doubled this recipe.)


Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I really wanted to use dark cocoa powder like Kayte did, but the store didn't have any.)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8 inch square pan.

2. In a large bowl, blend melted butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time. Combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually blend dry mixture into the egg mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Let brownies cool, then cut into squares. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I've never made brownies from scratch before but have wanted to try it. Yours look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang that looks good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer thick brownies over the thin ones... and this looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to make these - now that you say they're your favorite too, I definitely have to try them! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These rock--I get SO many comments when I make them (these, and the banana apple bread)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails