I needed a brownie recipe to use with the Death-by-Chocolate Trifle, so I posted a request on the cooking board. Boy, did those ladies deliver. As usual.
I added a ton to my starred posts, but decided to go with Kayte's Deep Dish Brownies; they seemed like the perfect little brownie to go in this trifle. (I doubled this recipe.)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I really wanted to use dark cocoa powder like Kayte did, but the store didn't have any.)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8 inch square pan.
2. In a large bowl, blend melted butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time. Combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually blend dry mixture into the egg mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Let brownies cool, then cut into squares. Enjoy!