Saturday, July 5, 2008

Death-By-Chocolate Trifle

I wanted to make a dessert to bring to my parents' house to celebrate my dad's birthday, and if you know my dad, you know that this Death-by-Chocolate Trifle is obscenely perfect him!

I had starred this recipe by Melissa a long time ago and couldn't wait to have an excuse to make it. It was pretty easy to do, and of course, looked decadent. And the taste?? Wow. There are truly no words for this deliciousness.




Ingredients:
  • 9×13 pan of brownies, baked
  • 1/2 cup of strongly brewed coffee (or Kahlua)
  • 2 boxes of instant dark chocolate mousse, prepared
  • Large tub of whipped topping
  • 6-7 Crunch bars, crushed
Using a pastry brush, “paint” coffee over pan of brownies. You probably won’t use all of the coffee; you want the brownies to be moist, but still hold their shape. Cut the brownies in to small squares.
In a large trifle dish, layer just under 1/2 of the brownies, 1/2 of the mousse, 1/2 of the whipped topping and 1/2 of the toffee bars. Repeat the layers, ending with the toffee bars on top. You will have some extra of the ingredients leftover.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, the addition of crunch bars just sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally craving this now! I'm so glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap that sounds so good! I usually don't go for the rich desserts but oh my this sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm looks so chocoately and decadent!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails