- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Cooking spray 1/3 cup minced shallots (about 2)
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine or dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Add shallots, garlic, and mushrooms to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until moisture evaporates. Add remaining 2 tablespoons flour and thyme to pan, and cook for 1 minute, stirring well. Combine chicken broth and Marsala, stirring until smooth. Gradually add broth mixture to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Return pork to pan; cook 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4 servings (serving size: 1 pork chop and 1/2 cup sauce)
CALORIES 242(25% from fat); FAT 6.8g (sat 2.5g,mono 2.9g,poly 0.6g); IRON 2.1mg; CHOLESTEROL 67mg; CALCIUM 44mg; CARBOHYDRATE 15.4g; SODIUM 299mg; PROTEIN 27g; FIBER 1.1g
Cooking Light, APRIL 2007