Wednesday, June 4, 2008

MY 100TH POST!! French Onion Pork Chops

WAHOO!! When I first started this blog, I feared it would be something that I did three times and then never touched again. Yet, 100 posts later...

*throws confetti*

Okay, onto the dinner. Can you tell I adore French Onion anything?? I mean, FO Mac and Cheese, FO Meatloaf... maybe I should create a FO label here... I just love my mom's soup so much, so when I see a dish influenced by this yummy Thanksgiving staple (at my house, anyway...), I am so psyched to try it out.


Angie from Adventures in Home Cooking recently posted her second attempt at French Onion Pork Chops, and I am SO glad she did - I loved everything she did and didn't alter a thing (that's a lie - I used mozz instead of provolone. Call me a weirdo, but to me, provolone smells like feet and I can't get past that enough to actually taste it).
I have said many times that I am NOT a big pork person, but I actually ate TWO chops! This was dee-lish.
(Don't judge this meal by the pics; try as I may, I just could not get a shot that did this dish any justice at all.)
I took note of her notes and incorporated them into the actual recipe:
Ingredients:
  • 4 pork chops (I used a package of 6 but they were pretty thin.)
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 onion, roughly chopped
  • 2 eggs, well beaten
  • 1 pckg. Lipton onion soup mix
  • 2/3 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/2 to 2/3 stick butter, melted
  • 2 T. olive oil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Season the chops with some s&p.
Saute the onion in a little bit of extra-virgin olive oil.
Combine soup mix and bread crumbs. Dip chops in egg and then in bread crumb/onion mixture, coating well. Place in a shallow pan; cover with onions.
Mix melted butter and olive oil in a small bowl and drizzle onto pork chops. Bake covered 1 hour, turning once. Makes four servings.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails