Friday, June 20, 2008

Multigrain Pancake Mix

I was looking through Cooking Light's website for some breakfast ideas for Ryan when I found this recipe for Multigrain Pancake Mix. I had most of the ingredients on hand, so after a quick stop at the store, I was in business.

I love that it's just a 2-step process to making the mix. So simple; I may never buy Bisquick again! I do wish that I had doubled (at least!) this recipe; it only makes enough to use twice.
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup regular oats
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup cornmeal
  • 1/4 cup unprocessed wheat bran
  • 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
Place oats in food processor, and process until smooth. Add remaining ingredients; process until smooth. Store in a tightly sealed container in refrigerator.
Yield: 4 cups
Cooking Light, SEPTEMBER 1995

1 comment:

  1. What GREAT idea! I'm totally going to do this!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails