Monday, June 30, 2008

Linguine with Chicken Ragu

Giada strikes again...

I really enjoyed this dish. I've never made sauce with chicken before, and the difference in flavor was subtle yet interesting. I do wish, however, that I used a more flavorful sauce; I used the sauce in the post below that I wasn't crazy about.

Ryan ate this like it was his last meal; I couldn't believe how much he had. I wish I had taken a picture of him with spaghetti all over his face. So cute.

Anyway, this meal will be making more appearances in my kitchen, although I suppose I should cater to my husband's strange spaghetti adversity and just use a shorter cut pasta...




Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, finely chopped
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 2/3 cup dry white wine
  • 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
  • 4 cups Marinara Sauce
  • 1 pound linguine
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the juices evaporate and the chicken is golden, about 10 minutes. Add the shallots and garlic and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and stir to scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the skillet. Add the rosemary and mix well. Add the marinara sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently until the flavors blend, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid. Add the linguine to the ragu and toss to coat, adding some reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea of using chicken in the ragu! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails