Monday, June 23, 2008

Basil-Tomato-Mozzarella Burgers

I found this recipe on the Food Network's site and thought it looked good, although I did tweak it a little. For example, the burgers? Way too blah for me. So below is MY recipe for the burgers, although I pretty much kept to the salsa and mayo steps.




I ended up cooking these on my grill pan on the stove since Ryan was awake and I couldn't really go in and out of the house! (Speaking of Ryan... I also learned that he'll eat anything if he can dip it in something...)


The burgers were REALLY good! I wasn't a fan of the salsa, but I think it's because I realized I don't really like raw onions. Next time, I will cook them first. And the mayo? YUM! I also used it to dip my fries into. I had no rolls, so I used these sandwich flats from Pepperidge Farm, I think.

I submitted this recipe to Joelen's Grilling Blogging Adventure - check it out to submit your own entry or to get some new ideas!

For the burgers:


  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
  • About a tablespoon balsamic vinagrette dressing

Combine all ingredients and form into 4 patties. Place on heated grill pan. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side. Turn and cook for 3 more minutes. Serve with Basil Mayonnaise and Tomato Salsa.



Basil Mayonnaise:
  • 2 cups mayonnaise
  • 1 cup fresh basil leaves
  • Salt and pepper

Place all ingredients in a blender. Puree until smooth. (I didn't do this; I just chopped the basil pretty finely and mixed it together by hand.)



Tomato Salsa:

  • 2 tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup pimento olives, chopped (I omitted.)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • Salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Let stand for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails