Anyway, when Ryan was home sick last week, I thought it was the perfect day to throw this in; I'd be home at the right times to control it, and I wouldn't have to take too much time away from him when he wasn't feeling well.
I served this Crockpot Salsa Chicken by LovestoEat over rice, and I really liked the flavors. The chicken was tender and juicy, and it was a great comfort-ish type food after a crazy day. The best part about this is that there is NO prep work - you don't even have to think ahead and defrost the chicken!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - FROZEN!
- 1cup salsa-Fresh made salsa (I cheated and used one from a jar.)
- 1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed) or cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
Add chicken to slow cooker.Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.Mix salsa and soup; pour over chicken.Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.At this point after the chicken was cooked, I shredded it with a fork (it was super easy). Stir in sour cream until heated, then serve. Serve over rice or tortillas.