Monday, June 16, 2008

Lunch Lady Bars

If Brooke and I weren't friends in real life, I sure would want to be just because of her cooking! When I saw these lunch lady bars a few days ago, I knew they'd be the perfect dessert to bring to my department's end-of-the-year party.




They were so simple to make, and they were an absolute hit. I made 4 dozen (I doubled the recipe), and minus the handful that Pat (fine - and I) sampled the night I baked them, they were almost completely gone. My supervisor kept telling me how wonderful they are, and several colleagues asked for the recipe.




I think that what I love best about these is that they are kind of a dressed-up chocolate chip cookie. So delicious, yet a bit more impressive than its ancestors.


Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup oil
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips/chunks (I just may have "accidentally" used more than this...)

Preheat oven to 350. Combine first three dry ingredients. Set aside. In bowl beat together oil and sugars. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Gradually beat in dry ingredients. Mix in 3/4 c. of chocolate chips. Spread into 9x13 pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 c. chips on top. Bake for 15-25 minutes or until light golden brown.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm...now I want to make more! Yours look so good and gooey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look super cute! I made a recipe I called lunch lady bars too! How cute is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just made these tonight after getting the recipe on pinterest very easy to put together smell so good while baking they were so good definitely a recipe to put in the keeper recipe box Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails