Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Texas Chicken Quesadillas

I have a confession.

When Jenn first said that she was making these quesadillas for our most recent lunch, I was skeptical and kind of didn't think I'd like them. I'm not really a BBQ kind of girl, so when we got to her house, I dutifully took one to be polite.

Wowzers. I don't know if it was the carmelized onions, or the honey-BBQ combo, or WHAT, but these babies were GOOD. The five of us totally chowed down, and I have to admit that I definitely ate my fair share. They are delicious!

Oh, and I've totally added a "quesadilla maker" to my growing list of little appliances that I want... (waffle maker, panini press... the list goes on!)

Funnily enough, when I made them, Ryan wouldn't really eat them. In fact, he kept pulling out the onions and throwing them on the floor! Then the next day, I gave them to him for lunch, and again, he wouldn't eat them. So I made him something else, but he rejected it and devoured the quesadillas. What a nut.


Ingredients
  • 2 TBSP of oil
  • 1-1/2 onions (vidalia is preferred) sliced into rings
  • 1 TBSP honey
  • 2 chicken breasts, diced
  • 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
  • 1 Cup shredded mexican cheese
  • 8 ten inch flour tortillas

Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook until they begin to carmelize. Mix in the honey and stir until it is golden brown. Remove and set aside.
Place the remaining oil in the pan and add the chicken. Cook through over a medium high heat. Stir in the BBQ sauce to evenly coat the chicken.

Place the chicken, onions and cheese onto a tortilla, top with the other tortilla and cook in your quesadilla maker about 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can cook them in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked them and that Ryan warmed up to them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails