Thanks to Reservations Not Required, I got a second chance to make this awesome chicken dish. I did take note of her disappointment in rinsing the capers and artichokes; I was a bit afraid to have too powerful of a taste, so I did still rinse, but just briefly. Perfect.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 thin chicken cutlets (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts packed in water, rinsed, drained, and quartered
- 2 tablespoons rinsed and drained capers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces angel-hair pasta
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
2. Add broth to skillet, and bring to a boil; cook until reduced by half. Add artichokes, capers, and the chicken with any juices. Gently swirl to combine, and bring just to a boil. Remove skillet from heat. Swirl in butter, and cover to keep warm.
3. Add pasta to boiling water. Cook until al dente; drain. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta, topped with parsley.