This dinner was absolutely delish... although with all of that pasta goodness, I really wasn't expecting anything less.
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce - I used about 3 cups of homemade sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook beef and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper; heat through. Drain noodles; stir into beef mixture. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, ricotta cheese and sour cream until blended. Stir in half of the onions. Spoon half of the noodle mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cheese mixture and remaining noodle mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining onions.