Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ben and Jerry's Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream

I was always a fan of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, but never really ate it much because of its price. However, when I was pregnant with Ryan, I was going through pints of B&J's like they were going out of style.


So is it really shocking that I searched the internet for some B&J's recipes that I could create at home? Google led me to Joyce's Fine Cooking which has some AWESOME ice cream from B&J, most from their book (which I've given as gifts twice, and really need to get for myself!).

I decided on Heath Bar Crunch, although I'm not really sure... it just jumped out at me. I also think it would be really cool to try with various candy bars!


Ingredients
  • 4 original (1 1/8oz) Heath Bars

  • 2 large eggs

  • 3/4 cup sugar

  • 2 cup heavy or whipping cream

  • 1 cup milk

  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Using a sharp knife, cut the candy bars into 1/2- to 1-inch chunks. You should have about 1 cup. Put in bowl, cover & freeze.

Whisk eggs in mixing bowl until light & fluffy (1-2 minutes). Whisk in sugar a little at a time, then continue until well blended (about 1 more minute). Add cream, milk, and vanilla, and whisk to blend.

Put in ice cream maker and freeze (according to maker's directions).

After ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done), add the candy, then continue freezing until ready. Makes about 1 quart.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm I LOVE anything with heath bars :) I really need an ice cream machine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was the first ice cream i had made!! yummy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails