Saturday, March 14, 2009

Crockpot Meatball Tortellini Soup

I have had this recipe for Meatball Tortellini Soup from Brooke starred for what seems like forever. Even though spring is in the air, we've had a few chilly days recently, and this soup really hit the spot.

I thought I was out of the beans, so I omitted them, but then about a half hour into cooking, I FOUND the beans, so I added them... but I kind of wish I hadn't. They added a texture that seemed a bit off with the meatballs and tortellini.

Oh well. Live and learn. This soup was still pretty yummy!


Ingredients
  • 2 cups sliced carrots
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 (14 oz.) cans vegetable broth
  • 2 (14 oz.) cans Italian style diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 18 oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
  • Half of a large bag of frozen mini meatballs
  • 9 0z. package frozen cheese tortellini
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Combine all ingredients except tortellini and Parmesan cheese in 3-4 quart slow cooker. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours until carrots are tender. Increase heat to high and stir in tortellini. Cover crockpot and cook for 15-20 minutes until tortellini are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! I love crock-pot cooking this would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids loved this! It was so easy and yummy. We skipped the beans.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails