I thought I was out of the beans, so I omitted them, but then about a half hour into cooking, I FOUND the beans, so I added them... but I kind of wish I hadn't. They added a texture that seemed a bit off with the meatballs and tortellini.
Oh well. Live and learn. This soup was still pretty yummy!
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14 oz.) cans vegetable broth
- 2 (14 oz.) cans Italian style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 18 oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Half of a large bag of frozen mini meatballs
- 9 0z. package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese