Friday, March 13, 2009

Annie's "Ben"-chiladas

I feel like it's Annie Week in my kitchen or something... and these "Ben"-chiladas, named for her husband who adores them, were just as delicious as everything else I've made from her blog.

(For the record, Pat loved them too - but I'm thinking "Pat"-chiladas doesn't quite have the same ring...)


I do wish I had used more cheese and chicken. I had 2 really fat chicken breasts, but I saved half of one to give to Ryan who was experiencing some tummy issues; I thought the cheese and salsa and cream and everything would just be too much for him. So I only really got about 6 enchiladas, which was kind of sad - I have none left for lunch. :(


Ingredients
  • 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 8 oz. reduced fat sour cream
  • 8 oz. Ranch salad dressing
  • flour tortillas (10-15)
  • jar of salsa
  • shredded Mexican cheese - Annie recommends about 4 cups, but I think I only used about 2

Cook chicken breasts by preferred cooking method until cooked through. Set aside to cool a bit.

While chicken is cooling, mix up the sauce. In a large mixing bowl, combine half of the sour cream and half of the Ranch dressing. In a small bowl, combine the rest of the sour cream and Ranch dressing. Stir both until well combined. Shred or chop the cooked chicken and add to the large mixing bowl. Mix well with sauce.

Preheat the oven to 375°. Grease a 9 x 13″ pan (and possibly another, smaller pan if needed). Take one tortilla and top with a little less than 1 tbsp. of the sauce from the small bowl. Spread over the tortilla in an even layer. Add some of the chicken mixture to the center of the tortilla. Top with salsa to taste. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, to taste. Roll up tortilla and place, seam side down, in the prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients (usually makes 10-15 enchiladas).

Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes (30 for a crispier tortilla). Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.

3 comments:

  1. I think "Pat-chiladas" sound great! Better than "Chuck-chiladas"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad they were a hit at your house! I just made them last week for our 10-year anniversary :) (Congrats on yours, btw!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so making these this week!
    they look delish! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails