Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Oreo Cake

I first encounted this Oreo Cake when Brooke and her husband came over for dinner and she made this. I was so enamored with this cake and was thrilled when she told me it simply came from the seasonal Kraft magazine; that meant I already had the recipe and didn't need to harass her for it (this was before my days of blogging).


I waited for the perfect opportunity to make this cake, and it's here; next week is a coworker's 50th birthday, and due to days off and vacations, we celebrated her special day today. I quickly volunteered to make the cake and knew this Oreo cake would be perfect.

(Ignore the fact that it's in the pan; I wanted to photograph it nice and pretty on my stand, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to move into the pan w/out ruining it!)

This cake was just as yummy as Brooke's. Even though I knew it was pretty good, I was astounded by how many compliments it received! This baby's a crowd-pleaser!

Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food chocolate cake mix
  • 4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cut up
  • 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
  • 12 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, coarsely crushed

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on package in two 9-inch round baking pans. Cool 5 min.; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.

MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 min.

BEAT cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping and crushed cookies. Place one cake layer, top-side down, on serving plate. Spread top of layer evenly with cream cheese mixture. Cover with remaining cake layer, top-side up. Spoon chocolate glaze over top of cake. Let stand until set. Store in refrigerator.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails