Tonight I served them over egg noodles and a marinara sauce, but you can do anything. The original recipe calls for a specific sauce to go over them, but I've never tried it.
- 1 box frozen spinach, defrosted in the microwave
- 1 1/3 pound (1 package) ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups milk, divided
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs, 3 handfuls
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, 2 palm fulls
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Wring defrosted spinach dry in a clean kitchen towel. Place turkey in a bowl and make a well in the middle of it. Add the spinach, all but 3 tablespoons of the onion, all of the garlic, 1 large egg, about 1/4 cup milk, bread crumbs, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix well. Form into 12 large balls and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Arrange on a nonstick cookie sheet and roast 20 minutes, or until cooked through.