Monday, May 5, 2008

Chili Dog Cheeseburgers

This was by far one of the yummiest burger recipes I've tried in a LONG time. Probably not the healthiest, but hey - I'll skip dessert (Yeah. Right.). I can't wait to make this again...



I served this with French Fries topped with the leftover chili.

Ingredients:
  • 8 slices center cut or other lean, thick-cut, smoky bacon (I omitted.)
  • 1 pound ground lean beef
  • 2 hot dogs, beef or pork, diced
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Seasoning by McCormick)
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire, eyeball it
  • 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon hot sauce, eyeball it, divided (I omitted.)
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • Vegetable oil, for drizzling
  • 4 slices deli sliced Cheddar (I used American.)
  • 1/2 cup chili sauce (I couldn't find this, so I used turkey chili.)
  • 4 kaiser rolls, split
  • 1/4 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves (Dried.)
  • 1/2 lime, juiced

Preheat broiler to high.

Place bacon on slotted broiler pan. Cook bacon 10 inches from the heat and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until crisp then adjust oven to bake setting for temperature recommended on fries packaging. (I obviously skipped this whole step.)

While bacon cooks, make the burgers. Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Mix beef with diced dogs, chili powder, grill seasoning, Worcestershire, 1 teaspoon of hot sauce and ketchup. Form 4 large patties. Add a drizzle of oil, 1 turn of the pan and add the patties. Cook burgers 6 minutes on each side, then top with 2 slices bacon and 1 slice of cheddar, each. Turn pan off, cover with loose foil tent and let cheese melt, 1 to 2 minutes.

Slather chili sauce on the tops of split keiser rolls. Place bacon chili-cheese burgers on bun bottoms and top each burger with lettuce, cilantro, and lime juice. (I also added sliced tomato.) Set bun tops in place. Pile fries alongside and serve.

1 comment:

  1. I made this yesterday for dinner and it was soooo yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails