Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Herb Roasted Pork with Honey Dijon Mustard

This recipe from Sandra Lee was pretty easy. I know I have said this a billion times, but I ADORE meals that take two seconds to prepare because the oven does the work. This one was not only a snap to whip up, but it was pretty good too. Not my favorite pork recipe (hmm, do I even have a favorite?) but it did the job.


Ingredients:
  • 1 pound pork tenderloin
  • 1/2 cup honey Dijon mustard, divided (recommended: French's)
  • 3 tablespoons fines herbs (recommended: Spice Islands) (I didn't have this, nor did I have ALL of the ingredients to make my own. So I just sprinkled on parsley, chives, basil, tarragon, and sage and called it a day.)
  • 1/2 cup organic chicken broth (recommended: Swanson)
  • 1 cup frozen pearl onions (recommended: C and W)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil cooking spray; set aside. Rinse tenderloin under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 4 servings. Use a pastry brush to brush 1/4 cup mustard on pork loin. Sprinkle tenderloin pieces with 2 tablespoons of the herbs. Place on prepared baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine chicken broth and pearl onions. Reduce liquid by half and add remaining 1/4 cup mustard and 1 tablespoon fines herbs. Heat thoroughly. Serve roasted tenderloins hot with onions and sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails