Monday, May 5, 2008

Garlic Carrots

This recipe is just one of many starred posts from Good Things Catered. This carrot dish just looked so delicious (and not to mention EASY) so I had to try it out.


It was everything I thought it would be and more... so flavorful and delicious. I am loving all of my new recipes for fresh veggies; I haven't bought a frozen bag in weeks!

Ingredients:
  • 6 large carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
  • 2 Tbsp water
  • 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • ground pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. In large skillet heat butter over medium high until melted.
  2. Add carrots and stir to coat all carrots with butter.
  3. Add garlic and stir to combine.
  4. Cook, stirring occasionally until carrots are crisp tender and beginning to brown slightly, about 3 minutes.
  5. Add water, swirl to coat bottom and cover skillet with lid.
  6. Cook, steaming carrots, to desired tenderness (5 mins +).
  7. Uncover skillet, add parsley, salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.
  8. Cook off excess liquid and serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE simple fresh veggie recipes. I'm glad you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails