Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Corn Muffins

I really have to be in the mood for cornbread. I am not usually a fan; when we go to Boston Market or something, Pat is always snatching my little pieces, and I am happy to see them go.

Lately, though, I've kind of wanted it... and when I saw this recipe for muffins on Brooke's site, I starred it for later use. Today, I was totally feeling the cornbread, had all the ingredients, and went for it.
Not only was this good, but it was FAST. I couldn't believe how easy it was to make! And though it pains me to admit this, I ate three. And pieces of a fourth.
*hangs head in shame*
This is a recipe that is sure to make future appearances in my kitchen!
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray or lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan.In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in egg, milk and vegetable oil until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.

4 comments:

  1. yumm!! these look wonderful! i would have eaten that many too, i just know it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your corn muffins look absolutely perfect!... even better than Boston Markets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always eat at least three corn muffins at a time - I'm not ashamed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made and blogged these- they were excellent- thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails