Monday, May 5, 2008

Fresh Raspberry Chicken

When I saw this recipe from It's Melissa's Kitchen, I starred it immediately. It has only been a few days since she even posted it, but I couldn't wait to give it a whirl.

I especially liked how it was a make-ahead kind of meal; I did all the prep work last night and just had to throw it in the oven tonight. Considering that I had to run a few errands (okay, go buy clothes) after work, this was perfect.

This tasted really good. The chicken was very tender and the fruit flavor was powerful without being too much. And I have to reiterate that I loved just dumping and baking!

Even Ryan liked this meal:




Ingredients:
  • 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
  • 3/4 cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed (I couldn't find this, so I just used regular pineapple juice.)
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (I omitted.)
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup fresh raspberries, mashed
  • another 1/4 fresh raspberries for garnish

Place chicken in a large ziploc bag. Toss in preserves, juice concentrate, soy sauce, vinegar, chili powder, curry powder, garlic powder and 1/4 cup mashed raspberries. Close bag and mix it all around. Marinate in fridge from 2 hours to overnight.

Preheat oven to 350. Dump all ziploc contents into baking dish. Bake, covered, 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to serving platter, top with pan juices and remaining raspberries.

Serves 4

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it! I love the dump and bake recipes too. Makes life so easy doesn't it? I made the Bruchetta chicken (that you're making this week) last night. Yummy! I'll get the post up soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails