They were quick and easy to make (despite having to make a last-minute run to the store for vanilla... whoops!). The only problem I ran into was that my cheesecake part seemed runnier than I expected. But that may have been because I accidentally used the whole package of cream cheese instead of 7oz.
I haven't tasted these since they are for tomorrow, but if appearances and aroma are any indication, they will be delightful!
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp pure Vanilla
- 1 egg
To make the brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, blend melted butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time. Combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually blend dry mixture into the egg mixture.
For the cheesecake mixture:
- In bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla beat until smooth. Add egg and beat just until combined.
Spread 2/3 of the brownies batter into prepared pan. Dollop cheesecake mixture on top of brownie batter and dollop remaining brownie batter on top of cheesecake mixture. Run a knife through the batters, creating a swirl pattern. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a tester comes out with a few crumbs on it.