They taste great, too - moist and flavorful. Definitely a keeper.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cored, then diced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grease twelve 2-1/2 inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and oatmeal. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
4. In another bowl, combine egg, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
5. Fold in the diced apple.
6. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full. Bake in a 400 (I did 325 since I was using a mini muffin pan) degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.