Tuesday, May 6, 2008

M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tomorrow is Teacher Appreciation Day, and I wanted to send something to the wonderful girls at daycare to thank them for taking such great care of my baby. I searched the internet and my blogs for something simple but different but good, and this recipe from Carrie's Cooking Adventure fit the bill.


I really liked how these came out! They reminded me of the Keebler Elf version... only better! In fact, my self-proclaimed-"cookie'd-out" husband started digging in, and was bummed when I chased him away. He even took on all the rest of the night's child-care responsibilities if I would go and make another batch. So I did. :)

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/3 cups M&M’s, divided
  • 1 cup chopped pecans (I omitted.)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in 3/4 cup M&Ms (I also added in chocolate chips) and all the nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheet. Press 5-6 of remaining M&Ms on each cookie before baking.

Bake 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Yields about 3-3 1/2 dozen cookies.

6 comments:

  1. tomorrow is teacher appreciation day at my daughter's school too! i'm making mini cheesecakes. your cookies look fantastic. i will have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! I will try using PB M&Ms for my coworkers!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookied out?? Really is there such a thing? They look tasty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great, I hope they were as big a hit for you as they were for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm drooling. I think I might have to check out that daycare after all..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just make these (after having saved this link for a long time) :) They are awesome! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails