Wednesday, February 3, 2010

English Muffin French Toast

This past weekend my friend Jennifer hosted a Pampered Chef party (insert shameless plug for Brooke, the consultant, here). In addition to nabbing some new kitchen goodies, I also learned of an interesting little breakfast from one of Jennifer's friends (also named Jennifer!).

This fake-out French Toast is really yummy and a great breakfast for anyone who is trying to be a little mindful of their food. I would never have thought to make French Toast using English Muffins, but I'm glad someone did. I made it the next morning, and Ryan and I both loved it. It's already made several appearances in my kitchen!


Ingredients
  • cooking spray
  • 1/4 cup egg substitute
  • splash of milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • sprinkling of cinnamon
  • 2 multigrain English muffins
  • sprinkling of powdered sugar (optional)

Spray a nonstick pan with the cooking spray and heat over medium flame.

Combine the egg substitute, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Soak each half of the muffins in the mixture, and then cook for about 3-4 minutes, turning once.

Sprinkle with your choice of toppings - powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, etc.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm... I've been making french toast a lot lately; and I love English muffins. I've never thought about combining the two.

    Definitely trying this soon.

    I love making English muffin pizzas, too! (And Triscuit pizzas)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked them! (Jen passed your link on.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying it today ..hope he likes it...picky man.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails