Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sweetheart Cinnamon Rolls

I love making special breakfasts for holidays so I really appreciate when these holidays fall on a weekend! We really enjoyed the Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls that I made for Halloween, so I was set on making a Valentine's Day version for this morning.


After some perusing online, I came up with this little creation myself, and if I may pat myself on the back, it was pretty fantastic. When I tasted the icing, I feared it was too sweet, but when spread on the warm rolls, it was perfect.

I loved that they were mini-sized; that made me feel dainty. We devoured these in no time and I can't wait to try different variations.


Ingredients
  • 1 tube crescent rolls
  • 6 tablespoons of butter, divided
  • cinnamon for sprinkling (I probably used about 2-3 teaspoons total)
  • 4oz strawberry cream cheese
  • 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt

Preheat the oven to 375.

Unroll the rolls so the rectangle is horizontally facing and press the seams together. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter, and then brush it over the dough. Sprinkle with the cinnamon.

Carefully roll the dough into a long cylinder, rolling away from you. Slice into 16 even mini rolls and place in a greased pie plate. Bake for 11-13 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter along with the rest of the ingredients and whisk together (or use your mixer) until smooth.

Spread over warm rolls and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails