Thursday, April 9, 2009

Smarter Fettucini Alfredo

I hardly ever make or order anything Alfredo because it's just so blatantly bad for you - I guess I prefer to clog my arteries and add to my fat ass in a more subtle manner. So when I saw this recipe for a "smarter" version on the Kraft Foods website, I jumped at the chance to make it.


The recipe below is directly from Kraft; I doubled the sauce because I also threw in broccoli and grilled chicken.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 lb. fettuccine, uncooked
  • 1-1/4 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 4 tsp. flour
  • 1/3 cup PHILADELPHIA 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
  • 3 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
  • 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

COOK
pasta as directed on package.

MEANWHILE, beat broth and flour in medium saucepan with whisk until well blended. Add cream cheese, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan, nutmeg and pepper; cook 2 min. or until mixture comes to boil and thickens, stirring constantly.

DRAIN pasta; place in large bowl. Add sauce; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and parsley.

3 comments:

  1. Did it hit the spot?
    I like your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recipe! It's so good! We make it a lot at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never make or order anything Alfredo either, because the amount of cream scares me! This looks like a delicious alternative!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails