I thought the flavors were very good, and this was very easy to put together. And Ryan did actual eat a decent amount, so that right there says a lot. ;)
- 2 (17 ounce) packages potato gnocchi
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the gnocchi in a lightly greased 9x13x2 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the cream, chicken broth, and flour over medium heat. Continue whisking until the sauce is simmering and thickened, about 5 minutes. Add the salt, pepper and nutmeg and stir to combine. Add the spinach and toss to coat in the cream. Pour the cream and spinach mixture evenly over the gnocchi and gently spread the spinach out to cover.
- Crumble the goat cheese over the spinach. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Bake until the top is golden in places, about 30 minutes.