Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Crockpot Pot Roast

A week or two ago, there was a post on one of my message boards about spicing up pot roast. A wonderful poster, Rachel, responded with this awesome recipe that I immediately put on my menu.

I don't usually like to cook with condensed soup, and definitely not two cans in one dish, but this pot roast sounded so good! I did buy the low-sodium kind so I felt better about it.

Not only was this meal ridiculously easy to set up, but it was GOOD. I didn't need a knife at all, and the flavor was just so intense and awesome. (Oh, and I TOTALLY forgot to add potatoes and onions, and it was still so good - I can't wait to try it with everything!)

Don't mind this picture - there's not a whole lot of natural light in my kitchen, and it's rather difficult to make the contents of your crockpot look pretty. :)


Ingredients
  • Pot Roast (mine was about 3 pounds)
  • Potatoes
  • Onions
  • 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can condensed tomato soup
  • 1 packet dry onion soup mix
Add Pot Roast, potatoes and onions. On top pour everything else. Cook on high 4-6 hours, or low for 8-10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails