Sunday, October 26, 2008

Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream

I was really in the mood to make some sort of dessert-y treat, but had already gone to the grocery store for the week. So I needed something that didn't require an extra trip.

I decided on ice cream, but I wanted something COOL, you know? Not just plain old vanilla or chocolate... something with CHUNKS. I love ice cream with chunks!


I realized that I had a handful of mini-Reeses cups in the cabinet, so off to Google I flew, in search of a Reeses recipe.

Well, I found an awesome one on the Cuisinart website!

I pretty much kept the recipe exactly, except that I used 1/2 skim milk in part of the milk addition. Also, for the peanut butter? I used my super cool Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter, which not only gave it a kick-ass taste, but also made it look like chocolate ice cream.

And the taste? A-MAZE-ing. I seriously want to go grab it out of the freezer and have even more.

The pics were taken immediately out of the machine, which is why it's not really solid.

Speaking of pictures... I am sad to say that I have returned my parents' Rebel to its rightful owners. I've had it for several months and have loved every minute of it... I was finally starting to learn how to USE it! But maybe Santa will bring me one this year... I've been a very good girl, don't you think? :)

So future pictures will be taken from my Sony CyberShot or my Fuji FinePix... while I mourn the Rebel that was never mine. Hee hee!


Ingredients

  • 1-1/8 cups good quality peanut butter (not natural)
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1-1/4 cups whole milk
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup chopped chocolate peanut butter cup candies

In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer or whisk to combine the peanut butter and sugar until smooth. Add the milk and mix on low speed until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.

Turn the machine on; pour the mixture into freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened, about 25 to 35 minutes. Five minutes before mixing is completed, add the chopped candy through the top and let mix in completely. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours.

Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.

Nutrition Information per Serving:
Calories 261 (69% from fat) • carb. 15g • pro. 6g • fat 21g • sat. fat 9g • chol. 43mg • sod. 110mg • calc. 49mg • fiber 1g

©2008 CuisinartCuisinart® is a registered trademark of Cuisinart, Stamford, CT 06902.

4 comments:

  1. ::Drooling::I love PB cup ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm seriously wish I was your neighbor right now! That ice cream looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails