Thursday, October 16, 2008

Meatballs

I've been on the hunt for some freezer-friendly foods in another effort to cut back how much time I spend cooking during the week without really cutting back how much I cook. Make sense? :)

I remember that I bought this book, Don't Panic--Dinner's in the Freezer, when I was pregnant with Ryan to try to have food ready for when he was born. While it's not the greatest book ever, it has some good stuff in it.

I was making some marinara sauce, so I figured meatballs would be a great addition to my freezer stash. I doubled this recipe (I used half turkey and half beef) and made about 4 dozen meatballs, give or take. They certainly weren't my grandmother's, but they weren't bad.


Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 ground meat
  • 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1/3 cup onion, chopped
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 T parsley flakes
  • 1 t salt
  • 1/8 t pepper
  • 1 T Worcestershire sauce

Combine all ingredients and mix together gently. Shape into balls and place on baking sheet; bake for 30 minutes at 350.

To freeze - place on a jelly roll pan before baking and flash freeze. After frozen, remove from pan and store in freezer-safe ziplocs.

1 comment:

  1. I think I was there when you bought that book!
    Did you make spaghetti with the meatballs, cause you know how Pat love that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails