Monday, February 23, 2009

Sick Day Soup

I was sick a couple of weeks ago, and being pregnant, I can't really take any of the good stuff. On my first day that I stayed home from work, I really really just wanted soup. I asked my mommy to come over and make it for me, but she had to pack for her vacation. Blah blah cruise blah blah... ;)

Anyway, so I just kind of made this on the fly, and it was so good. I had just made this chicken dinner in the crockpot the night before, so I also chopped up some of the chicken and potatoes and threw them in the pot too.


Ingredients
  • EVOO
  • 1 onion
  • 1 cup frozen mixed veggies
  • 4 cups chicken stock
  • 4 cups veggie stock
  • 1/2 pound pastina
  • leftover cooked chicken, chopped

In a large stock pot, heat the oil and brown the onions for a few minutes. Add the frozen veggies and cook for another 3-5 minutes.

Add the broth and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until desired done-ness.

I don't remember when I added the chicken...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks really good. I'm saving this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a really good soup! Fun little noodles too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm home sick today, and I could totally use a bowl of this! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails