Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Peanut Butter Cup Surprise Cookies

I don't usually like to make too many things that involve peanut butter since my son is allergic, but when I saw this recipe on Picky Palate, I knew I had to try these.


My friend Denise is a fellow Picky Palate fan, and we often will notify each other when a new yummy-looking dessert has been posted. Denise was due with her first child this month and said she simply didn't have the energy to make them. I promised her that when the baby came, I'd visit in the hospital with these little delectable treats.


Well, that day was yesterday - on Sunday, September 21, Abigail Rose entered the world! True to my word, I immediately ran to the grocery store upon hearing the news.


Well, leave it to me to screw up such an easy recipe.

After baking, my husband was begging for a sample. However, the first words out of his mouth were not words of worship like you would think. His exact reaction was: "These don't taste done."

I checked the oven which was still on, and sure enough - I set the oven to 250 rather than 350. I threw them back in for another 5 minutes, but it was too late. They were irreconcilable.

They still taste amazing - I just couldn't bear to bring them to the new mom. Rest assured, Denise - I'm going to try these again for you!



Ingredients

  • 1 Cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 Cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 12 mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
  • 36 mini marshmallows
  • 1 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream
  • 1/4 Cup mini M&M's

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place peanut butter, sugar and egg into a large bowl and mix until well combined. Scoop dough evenly into a 12 count mini cheesecake pan or mini muffin pan. Cook for 13-15 minutes until almost done. Remove from oven and press a peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie until flush with cookie top. Top each cookie with 3 mini marshmallows and return to oven for 2-3 more minutes or until marshmallows are puffed. Remove and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.

2. Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted smooth. Stir in 2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream until silky and smooth. You can return back to microwave for 15 seconds to get a thinner consistency. Spoon chocolate over top of puffed marshmallows and sprinkle with mini M&M's.

12 cookie cups

6 comments:

  1. Aw, sorry you couldn't bring them to your friend! They look heavenly though!

    PS...I nominated your blog for an E for Excellent Award. Check out my blog for details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look SO good! I had to double check over at the other cooking site to make sure that you hadn't forgotten to type the flour into the recipe. I can't believe this is a gluten free recipe, I must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies look perfect, especially for Halloween! I'll have to save this recipe and try it when I snag up some m&ms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im such an m&m lover. Its nice to find someone else who loves them too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails