Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Recipe Exchange: Fettucini with Basil, Ricotta, and Tomatoes

The cooking board I hang out on has a bi-monthly recipe exchange, and this time around, I got to host it! Our theme was "Keepin' It Real," meaning that the dishes had to be quick and easy to prepare and/or have few ingredients.


The recipe that was "assigned" to me (wink wink) is an awesome Fettucini with Basil, Ricotta, and Tomatoes. I absolutely loved everything about this, from how fast it was, to how good it tastes, to the fact that even my son ate it.



Ingredients
1-9oz pkg refrigerated fettuccine (I used spinach.)
3T butter or margarine, melted
3/4c ricotta cheese
1/4c grated Parmesan
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped (I halved a bunch of grape tomatoes.)
2T coarsely chopped fresh basil (FRESH is important here!)
1. Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package. Return to saucepan.
2. Stir together butter, ricotta, and 1/3c Parmesan. Toss with hot pasta.
3. Top pasta with tomato and remaining Parmesan.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked it! My son ate it the other night too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails