Monday, April 11, 2011

Saucy Pesto Chicken

My most recent recipe swap category was chicken, and my draw came from A Taste of Home Cooking.

I don't really have the luxury of a lot of time to cook during the week, so I looked for ways to cut corners without sacrificing quality and flavor. During my weekend food shopping, I found a jar of organic garlic pesto sauce, and while I'm not really a fan of jarred sauces, this wasn't a variety that I normally keep stocked in my freezer. I figured it would be perfect, and it was.

Served over egg noodles and with a few minor changes, this was a pretty easy and delicious meal. Next time, I might baking it. Or adding artichokes. Or both!


Saucy Pesto Chicken
adapted from Taste of Home

  • 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
  • 1 jar (or homemade equivalent) of pesto sauce
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 pound egg noodles, cooked
  • 6 campari tomatoes, chopped
  • minced parsley, for garnish

  • Place spinach in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in remaining oil on both sides; slice into strips or bite-size pieces and place over spinach. Pour sauce over chicken.

    Cover and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and sauce is bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer. Serve with pasta. Sprinkle with tomato and parsley.

    1 comment:

    1. This looks so tasty. Nothing like a comforting, old school meal. Love it!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts with Thumbnails