Everyone in my house gobbled these up, and I am pretty sure it won't be long until I make them again.
(Her recipe says to bake for about 12 minutes - mine needed about 6 minutes longer.)
Low Fat Baked Onion Rings
from Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
- 1 medium onion, sliced into 1/4 inch rings
- 2 1/4 cups low fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup crushed corn flake crumbs
- salt to taste
- olive oil baking spray
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
Combine panko, bread crumbs and corn flakes in a large dish, season with salt.
Dip each soaked onion ring into the crumb mixture; coat well. Place rings onto two cookie sheets. Lightly spray with oil. Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.