Friday, April 22, 2011

Carrot Apple Coconut Mini Muffins

My friend Brooke often talks about Weelicious and makes their recipes for her toddlers.  I finally remembered to add it to my Google Reader, and immediately I starred a bunch of stuff.

I made these Carrot Apple Coconut Muffins a few days ago, and my entire family devoured them.  They were so easy to throw together and were absolutely delicious.  I'm normally not a fan of coconut, but it goes so well with the carrot and apple that you can't help but love them.  They definitely didn't last long in my house!

I didn't intend to make any changes, but my grocery store only had sweetened coconut, not unsweetened - but I kind of liked the sweetness they added!


Carrot Apple Coconut Mini Muffins

  • 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
  • 1 Tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/2 Tsp Salt
  • 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
  • 2 Carrots, peeled & grated, about 1 cup
  • 1 Apple, peeled & grated, about 1/2 cup (gala, fuji, pink lady or red delicious are good choices)
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1/3 Cup Milk
  • 1/4 Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
  • 1/2 Cup Honey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl.

In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.

Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir to combine.

Place 1 tbsp of batter into greased mini muffin tins.

Bake for 15 minutes.

Serve.

1 comment:

  1. I made these as the afternoon treat for Vincent's birthday at day care. They were a hit! When I picked him up on Friday some of the kids in his class came up to me and told me they like the "treat." :-) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails