Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Crustless Quiche

I decided to try to tackle some of the remaining baby weight (yes, it's been a year and a half - so what) by joining a "biggest loser" competition at work.  I'm not dieting, per se, but just trying to be a little more aware of what I eat.  Pop-Tarts for breakfast are probably not the healthiest, so I'm trying to make some subtle changes to my intake.  Hopefully, a few pounds will fall off in the process.

I was intrigued by this crustless quiche on my friend Melissa's blog, because it just seemed like a filler-upper kind of meal.  I doubled and slightly changed her recipe; not only did I have a yummy dinner, but this left me with a few days' worth of breakfasts too.

I just love how versatile it is.  You can really throw in whatever you have in your fridge or pantry - you probably always have enough stuff to make this.


Crustless Quiche
adapted from I Was Born to Cook
  • 1 cup Morningstar crumbles
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 scallions, chopped
  • 1-2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 cup egg substitute
  • pepper to taste
  • 1/3 cup fat free sour cream
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (part skim)
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (low fat)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 13x9 baking pan.  Heat a little bit of olive oil in a skillet (or use a cooking spray) and add onions.  Cook for about 3 minutes until they begin to soften.  Add tomato, scallion, and spinach to the pan, then vegetarian crumbles.  Cook on low until onion is translucent.  Transfer to prepared baking sheet.

Beat eggs with sour cream and pepper, then add to baking pan and top with cheese.  Bake for about 30 minutes or until cooked through. 

1 comment:

  1. glad you liked it! try baking it in a muffin pan, too...easier to freeze and transport to work :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails