Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Slow Cooked Asian Style Chicken

I say this all the time, but it's really worth repeating; there is NOTHING like working all day and coming home to a yummy-smelling kitchen where dinner is ready and waiting for us. I get embarrassingly excited when a new crockpot meal pops up in my google reader - I use the crockpot several times a week and it's so easy to get bored.

My friend Colleen has a similar love affair with her crockpot, and I know I'll love most of what she posts.  She made this with pork, but I'm not a huge pork fan so I subbed in chicken thighs instead.  Delish!


Slow Cooked Asian Style Chicken
slightly adapted from Cooking This and That
  • 2-3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  • 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
  • 1 (10-ounce) jar sweet and sour sauce
  • 1 (16-ounce) package frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetables (broccoli, carrots, onions, red peppers, celery, water chestnuts, and mushrooms)
  • 3 cups hot cooked rice or rice noodles 
Place chicken into 3 1/2-4 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with tapioca; pour sweet and sour sauce over chicken in cooker.

Cover and cook on low heat for 7 to 8 hours or high heat for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. At the end of 7 to 8 hours, turn to high heat setting and stir in frozen vegetables. Cover and cook for additional 30 to 60 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve over hot cooked rice.

2 comments:

  1. This looks delish! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should really use my crockpot more and I think you've just inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails